The new cookies rule is out – we explain how we do it…
The new Regulations on cookies, enforceable from 25th May 2012:state that website owners must gain a visitor’s consent to be tracked by cookies on their website.
Here we explain for you what cookies are and the different types, why we use them and how these cookies affact your web experience
As result please be aware that by disabling, deleting, or disallowing cookies via your we browser from 25th May 2012, your web experience may be affected, also your experience of visiting many other website would be affected as well.
- What is a cookie?
- What will a cookie do for me?
- Why do I need to know this?
- Turning off / disallowing / disabling or deleting cookies
- List of the different types of cookies used by Crown-IT
- Third Party Cookies and Web Beacons
- What is a Web Beacon?
- Will this policy change?
What is a cookie?
A cookie will typically contain details such as the domain from which the cookie has come, a value which is usually a random unique number as an identifier and the lifetime (expiry) of the cookie.
There are 3 types of cookies used on this website:
- Session Cookies: allowing us to “remember” content from page to page (these expire when you leave the website or close the browser).
- Persistent Cookies: which define “Time To Live” and help us to determine your preferences (these will expire after the “Time To Live” period)
- Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from any other domain, such as recommended product and advertising services.
What will a cookie do for me?
Why does CROWN-IT use cookie:
CROWN-IT wants to provide a good customer experience on its website and here’s an example of how cookies can allow this to happen:
Shopping Experience: To remember the items that you have added to your basket to make the checkout process easier when you return back to the website.
Content: Show you relevant content such as product recommends depending on your browser and buyer behaviour.
User Behaviour: Coremetrics analytics to track website visits and clicks for pages visited with hourly transaction volume. This allows us to see how our customers like to use our website and which pages or functions they prefer; this allows us to continually improve our service.
Third Party: Selected partner cookies which track where the users’ visit originated from. This allows us to see where your visit originated from, especially advertising on partner sites, present appropriate offers and helps prevent fraud and detect spammers.
Why do I need to know this?
CROWN-IT respects customer concerns and we want you to know why we ask you to opt-in and accept cookies. We want to be clear that accepting cookies does not give us access to your computer or personal information. We value our customer relationships and feel that our customers will benefit from cookies on our website, which enhance the web experience.
How to clear all saved cookies and set data from your browser:
- How to delete cookie files in Internet Explorer
- How to delete cookie files in Firefox
- How to delete cookie files in chrome
- How to delete cookie files in Safari
- How to delete cookie files in Opera
Turning off / disallowing / disabling or deleting cookies in your browser:
The majority of internet browsers will provide an option to disallow cookies. You can usually find how to do this in the help menu for your browser. Cookies can also be deleted by using your internet browser, but you must disallow cookies otherwise they will be reapplied the next time you visit a website.